Friday, January 30, 2009

A Race Lost and a Love found

It was a Tuesday and after surviving 5 hours of lectures and two hours of lab on a not so bright evening I headed towards the parking lot only to find that someone had sprayed dirty water on my motorcycle . Wasting no time I pulled out a piece of cloth from a bike nearby and started cleaning . The onlookers gave me a weird look.Never mind, once that was I had to pick up Satish from a paanshop nearby and drop him at St. Lawrence School Bus Stop on my way home . My home is just 10 kms away from my college . On a heavy traffic day its a 15 minute ride.

A beautiful six-lane Palm Beach Road falls on my way to home . When my mood is very good I tend to rip it apart at around 100 kph . The mood was not good today and I was cruising till reaching the Palm Beach Circle. There came a guy with his girl on his Bajaj Pulsar 180 .Now, I have a habit of shooting of from the signal as soon as it turns green and till now no biker has chased me down . The cagers (cars) chase me down easily but that has never bothered me . Now this this guy started racing his 180 cc machine with my 150 cc(TVS Apache 150) and my ego was hurt . I knew had his bike would beat mine hands down but the I was speeding for a few kms till the so called race was ended and the Pulsar as expected won but just. I was at time time I look into the speedometer and the needle was at 120 mark , a personal best for me. After dropping Satish at the bus stop on my way home I was cursing and abusing Kane (My motorcycle) for letting me down before a girl .

I was thinking about this event for the whole of evening and early morning I had a horrible dream. My dad was snatching the keys of Kane for some reason . I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 5 Am in the morning . Immediately after brushing took a bucket and a piece of cloth and rushed towards my bike and started washing it as if i have bought it just yesterday . The lost race was nowhere in my mind while washing and after 30 Min's Kane was shining under a tube light . That's when I found out that a thing which was just my ride till yesterday , actually turned out to be my love . A love which I cannot afford to miss and it will never be from me .

Regards

Rahul

5 comments:

  1. Nicely written...we need some pics though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx guys.........Sure pics next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude...brilliantly passionate work...kudos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx pheonix ........... when u love your bike so much ...... such things come out

    ReplyDelete