Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kamshet Ride

I happened to have had a fierce arguement with my dad for not letting me ride to Ganpatiphule . On Sunday evening he allowed me to ride solo to Kamshet . Wasting no time i called all my biker buddies to ask if they are giving me a company , but being a weekday everyone was occupied with some work and i decided to ride alone . Monday morning after giving my bike a wash and dusting my jacket ,i left my home at 8:30 am .



Till Panvel the traffic was moderate and once on the NH4 I was greeted with cold winds an open Highway with just a couple of ST buses n trucks . The Highway tempted me to rip it apart but I prefered to cruise @ 60-70 Kmph .





After riding for another 45 mins , had to part ways wid the highway into Kamshet.For few kms its seemed like there has been no one here since years , barren lands divided by roads ,no scenery what so ever , and i hit a large pothole fearing a puncture but that dindt happen.Still riding I reached a very crowded market place(weekly market) in a village PawnaSagar . Asked locals for any significant locations and the I was told abt Pawna Dam and Tikona Fort . After reaching Pawna Dam within no time , I started clicking pictures . After a while i spotted two locals in the lake and asked them the directions of Tikona Fort. One of them pointed to the peak on the other side of lake saying "Tithe ahey " .


Unfortunately it was 11 and i was hungry and there was only one hotel which served only Dal Roti but only after 1 pm . Then Started the engine and left for Tikona Fort winthin 5 mins I realised that there are no roads to the fort . Riding uphill i met a forest guard and his 7 year old son who advised me against climbing the fort as it wud be evening by the time i return . After riding for another 20 mins i reached a Gurudwara which was carved out of the mountains .


The priest in the Gurudwara offered me a seat and he started explaining about the Bhagats(Saints) , Granths(Holy Book) and Guru Gobind Singhji . After finishing my prayers i was preparing to leave , an old sardarji who had a Guest House near by offered me Tea Biscuits n some snacks . He asked me about myself n family . when iI mentioned that i was an engineering student , the talks of global meltdown started n lasted for an hour . While leaving the place he asked me to take a different route to lonavla which was a shortcut and scenic . It was then i noticed two labrador puppies which were just 2 weeks old , the old man offered me one of them but then i was unable to bring them home . I left the place n then found a guy asking for lift . He was Satyajit ,was in his mid 20s and he started trekking the Tikona fort at 6 in the morning . He was an intresting guy , he claimed that he has climbed almost all the forts in Maharashtra ALONE .After dropping him at the base village i went on the route said by Sardarji it was indeed scenic .




Within 45 mins reached NH4 this time i was constanly above 100 Kmph and in half an hour reached Panvel and was home by 3 Pm.

A ride to remember.

For more Pics chkout
http://picasaweb.google.com/eddie.chrome/KamshetRide?feat=directlink

Regards Rahul

5 comments:

  1. Next time you're out on a trip like that and you need company, see if i am around. Wouldn't mind hopping in for a bike ride (You might need to get another bike).

    -Shiv

    ReplyDelete
  2. u can always take my ride .... provided to give me ur lamberetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one rahul .the pics are awesome.tell me when u leave next time for a trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome brother....nice pics and blog.....

    ReplyDelete