Monday, November 7, 2011

Trek to Danshoo Jharna and back (around 12 kms)

October 6th,2011


“Tourism mei itne paisa hai toh Kheti kyun karte ho”
“Khana toh khet hi khilati hai, tourism toh sirf paisa deti hai”


Day 4 started at 6:30 as Sundarnagar family began their trek. Negraj arrived on time and my laziness meant that we would start only at 8 from Hadsar. Bought some biscuits and begun the trek. It’s an easy trek till Danshoo but on gains altitude quickly. By noon we reached the Danshoo and I was ready to give up and begin the return trek. But Negraj insisted that we visit the Waterfall nearby as it was awesome and not worth missing after coming this far. I still didn’t budge.

“Bhaisahab Camera de do, kuch tasveerein keech aata hoon “
“Rehene do yaar wapas chalte hai”
“Tasveerien dekh li toh aap zaroor chaloge “

Next moment I as up and walking towards the Jharna. Neither I nor the pics can describe the magical feel of the place.

While ascending, I met three Bengali families on their descend trail. Each family didn’t know the other two families until they met in Hadsar before the trek to ManiMahesh. Now they were together completing the trek.

On the return Journey we decided to drop in at the Baba’s ashram at Danshoo. For the first time I was interacting with a sadhu. After spending 8 years in Amarnath-ji, he has now made Mani Mahesh his home for pas 3 yrs. met two more trekkers from Kolkata in the ashram. One of them was an experience trekker Mr. Sachidananda . He has been trekking Himalayas for past 25 years. Their plan was to do ManiMahesh and Kugti-Duggu and some other places before returning home. He mentioned a few things praising the local guides and dissuading from hiring Nepalese and Tibetan guides.

1. Local guides value the place and don’t spoil the place.
2. Locals take more interest in shown around the place and making sure you have seen everything beautiful because you have come from far.

The latter I had already experienced. After 2 hours of bakar session, I and Negraj left the ashram with 5km descend remaining.

“Baba, Agli baar aaoon to milte hai”
“Indira Gandhi nei chowrasi mei yehi kaha tha, kal ka koi nahi jaaney”

Most of the things said by this baba were bouncers to me. I dragged myself to Shanti GH by 5:30 pm. The Kolhapuri Chappals never gave away.

“Bhai, yahan STD kahan hai?”
“Ek hai, lekin who bhi ab bandh hai”
“Yaar, ghar fone karna hai, Mumbai mei”
“Koi nahi, meri fone lelo”

On the way I met this stranger, who offered me his fone leaving me humbled for the kindness Himachalis have shown in the entire trip.

During the entire trek, Raavi River was giving me company. The silence of the hills with the music of Raavi was the USP of Hadsar.


The trek begins








My Guide Negraj

Yours Truly















End of Trek

My Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment