Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The best ten minutes of my life so far

It has been raining cats and dogs in Mumbai. The City has received more than 15 cms of rain since morning, as a result of which many people didn't bother coming to college today. I had different ideas, since didn't have a rainy day like today this monsoon, I wanted to hit roads as soon as possible. Dressed up in my rain suit and the rains had eased up. Still ripped my way to college within 15 mins. Four and a half hours later, the college authorities gave up and canceled the rest of the lectures. Now it’s raining heavily, I quickly tucked the rain gear into the bag and headed towards the parking lot.
Kick started my bike zoomed out of the gate onto the road. There was water accumulated at many places, without hitting the brakes went over each of them splashing water everywhere. I don’t know why but I every time I splashed water there was a big smile in my face, probably the kid in me was enjoying the most. A turn later I skipped a red light and was onto the Palm Beach Road and I was determined not to let the Speedo indicator needle go below 100 Kmph mark. Now the raindrops were piercing my face and chest like a sharp needle, the pain was unbearable but still wasn’t in any mood to let speed drop below the 100 mark. Bearing the intense speed and skipping two more red lights, I reached home in a record time of nine minutes flat. As soon as I removed the raincoat from the bag and kept it on the table, look on my mom’s was like, “Aah, now my son’s really gone insane!!

1 comment: