Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Khopoli Fast

A result of tampering my mobile phone resulted in this ride . Tuesday night before going to the bed I happened to set my alarm in the mobile for 9 Am . In the night I received an automated call from BPL mobile and I reset the alarm to 7 Am . The Alarm goes on and on at 7 and a couple of snoozes later my sleep had an untimely death . With loads of time and just newspaper reading , boredom was slowly encroaching on me . The clock says 7:45 an I had already finished my bath , breakfast and was not in a mood to read the papers . One deep breath and the next thing in my mind was a ride . Moments later I was ready with my jacket and helmet with no destination planned . Picked up my school bag and was on road . The only highway I could remember then was NH4 ( old Mumbai-Pune Highway ) . Riding very slow at an average of 30-40 km/hr amidst heavy traffic till Sanpada . Thereafter , the road was all mine and still riding at the same speed with the helmet visor opened up and breathing some clean air .


Near Kamothe


The wrist watch says 9 Am and I was in two minds whether to continue riding or attend the lecture which was to begin at 9:30 Am . Finally after a chai (Tea) I decided to give the lecture a miss and decided to ride to Khopoli and then to college to attend the second lecture at 10:30 Am .

Chai stop


NH4

Within 10 min of riding I was at Khopoli Bus Stand and Lonavla was calling me . Dismissing the call , the return journey began . A few kilometers later , a signboard pointing to Mahad Ganpati came to my notice . I had missed this temple during my Ashtavinayak Yatra and within a weeks time I was here . Spent a good spiritual 45 min here in the temple and by 10:15 I was back on road with 15 min for lecture and 65 km to be covered.


Mahad Temple Pond


Way back to college

I was trying to ride as fast as I can and in 18 min. I was at Panvel covering 28 km . Another 30 min later I entered the college at 11 Am . 11:05 Am entered the classroom with my jackets on , inviting a blank look from my classmates except a few . Luckily the professor allowed me in despite being 35 min late and got my attendence too . In my view this was the best was I could have spend those 3 hours .

Regards,
Rahul ( Wanderer )

5 comments:

  1. Oh! I was waiting for this one! I thought you forgot about the ride...and you never told me about the alarm thing heh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky yaar my bloody professor kicked me outta class wen i was only 10 mins late

    pics r very good

    rahul the next time i come to mumbai i will also accompany u in ur rides

    ReplyDelete
  3. a month back ... remember i came half an hour late carrying my jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. gr8 one mate....u r enjoyin each second of lyf...

    ReplyDelete